Akelej Wallhanging By Therese Eghult
Find the pattern in issue 123 of Inside Crochet magazine.
This delicate wallhanging is a wonderfully quick make and ideal for stashbusting.
● Yarn and Colors Must-Have, 100% cotton, 50g/125m/137yds Yarn A: Pearl 043 x 1 ball Yarn B: Birch 004 x 1 ball Yarn C: Limestone 009 x 1 ball Yarn D: White 001 x 1 ball Note: Only small amounts used of yarns A and C
● 3mm hook
● Yarn needle
● Dowling rod, 50cm/19¾in long
● 15 wooden balls with hole, 10mm/½in (to attach to dowel)
● Five wooden balls with hole, 20mm/¾in (for tassels)
● Small animal brush (for tassels)
You can use any DK weight cotton for this design. Try different yarn weights and materials for different sized hangings.
Therese (Tess) is a Scandinavian crochet artist who is living an island life in the Swedish archipelago. She is the CEO of the creative business SistersInStitch, through which she provides monthly video tutorials, patterns, hosts CALs and more. Find Tess and her designs online at www.sistersinstitch.com.