Caroline Door Curtain by Jo Bodley (issue 68)
Photography by Lucy Williams
This cheerful door curtain will keep out unwelcome insects but let in a cooling breeze!
● Scheepjeswol Cotton 8, 100% cotton, 50g/170m/186yds
Yarn A: Natural 501 x 2 balls
Yarn B: Peach 649 x 2 balls
Yarn C: Orange Pink 650 x 2 balls
Yarn D: Orange 716 x 2 balls
Yarn E: Rust 671 x 2 balls
Yarn F: Bordeaux 717 x 2 balls
● Rowan Summerlite 4ply, 100% cotton, 50g/175m/191yds
Yarn G: High Tide 428 x 2 balls
● 0.75mm & 3mm hooks
● Selection of four-hole buttons
● Selection of two-hole buttons
● 20 plastic washers, 2cm/¾in
● 20 plastic washers, 1.5cm/½in
● 11 washers or curtain rings to fit your rod/pole
● 61 beads, 1.5cm/½in diameter
● Selection of flower buttons
● Curtain pole or net rod to fit your doorframe
You can use any 4ply cotton yarn to achieve a similar effect.
Exact tension is not critical for this project.
Finished curtain is made to measure and should fit most doorframes.
Jo is an artist and textile designer who likes to use recycled materials. She trades at Greenwich under the name “Carminabiryani”.
She also teaches crochet classes with CALAT in south London.
Designer: Jo Bodley
Price: Magazine Only
Yarn Type: 4-ply
Tell us your thoughts below.
Sorry, there have been no comments on this pattern yet - why not be the first to leave your opinion?