Dragonfly by Vanessa Mooncie
The delicate looking wings of the dragonfly are created by using metallic embroidery thread, together with an openwork pattern and various stitch lengths.
Find the pattern in 148 of Inside Crochet magazine.
* Anchor Freccia, 100% cotton, 50g/285m/311yds
Yarn A: 01442 x 1 ball
Yarn B: 00255 x 1 ball
Yarn C: 00632 x 1 ball
* Metallic stranded embroidery thread, such as DMC Light Effects, shade E135
* 1.75mm hook
* Yarn needle
* Toy stuffing (small amount only)
* 18-gauge (1mm) craft wire, 16cm/6¼in (for body)
* Four lengths 26-gauge (0.4mm) craft wire, each 28cm/11in (for wings)
* Three lengths 26-gauge (0.4mm) craft wire, each 18cm/7in (for legs)
* Long-nose pliers
* All-purpose adhesive
Vanessa is a designer, artist and author who enjoys blending traditional techniques with modern styles. Visit her website at www.vanessamooncie.com.
Designer: Vanessa Moonice