Moth Orchid (Phalaenopsis) by Emma Varnam
Make a crochet version of this gorgeous houseplant for an everlasting specimen that will never lose its petals!
Find the pattern in 152 of Inside Crochet magazine.
* Sirdar Country Classic 4ply, 50% wool/50% acrylic, 50g/200m/219yds
Yarn A: Forest Green 967 x 1 ball
Yarn B: Chocolate Brown 954 x 1 ball
* Sirdar Snuggly 100% Cotton DK, 100% cotton, 50g/106m/116yds
Yarn C: White 762 x 1 ball
* Sirdar Happy Cotton, 100% cotton, 20g/43m/47yds
Yarn D: Quack 788 x 1 ball
Yarn E: Jammy 755 x 1 ball
Yarn F: Sherbet 778 x 1 ball
* Sirdar Haworth Tweed DK, 50% nylon/50% wool, 50g/165m/180yds
Yarn G: Harewood Chestnut 910 x 1 ball
* 3mm & 3.5mm hooks
* Polyester stuffing
* Yarn needle
* 0.35mm floristry wire
* 1.2mm garden wire
* Plant stake
* Orchid clip
* Plant pot, approximately 10cm/4in diameter
Emma has been designing stylish knitting and crochet patterns for many years. On her award-winning blog at www.emmavarnam.co.uk, she features many of her free patterns and discusses the inspiration behind them. Find her on Twitter @EmmaVarnamUK.
Designer: Emma Varnam