Pollebird Shawl by Ellen Deckers As Bypollevie
Find the pattern in issue 119 of Inside Crochet magazine.
This bright and bold shawl captures a folk feel and #polleviestyle perfectly, with optional embellishments to customise your own design.
● We Are Knitters The Meriwool, 100% Merino wool, 100g/136m/148yds
Yarn A: Navy Blue x 2 balls
Yarn B: Seaside x 1 ball
● Borgo de’ Pazzi Amore 115, 70% Merino wool/30% other fibres, 50g/115m/125yds
Yarn C: A101 x 1 ball
● We Are Knitters The Baby Alpaca Wool, 100% baby alpaca, 50g/111m/122yds
Yarn D: Dark Turquoise x 1 ball
Yarn E: Neon Fuchsia x 2 balls
● Scheepjes Colour Crafter, 100% acrylic, 100g/300m/328yds
Yarn F: Roermond 1123 x 1 ball
Yarn G: Mechelen 2013 x 1 ball
Yarn H: The Hague 1256 x 1 ball
Yarn I: Eindhoven 1114 x 1 ball
Yarn J: Weert 1001 x 1 ball
Yarn K: Hilversum 1257 x 1 ball
● Scheepjes River Washed, 78% cotton/22% acrylic, 50g/130m/142yds
Yarn L: Congo 954 x 1 ball
● 3 mm, 4mm, 5mm & 7mm hooks
● Yarn needle
You can substitute any of these yarns for similar weights and fibres. For the base, try heavier aran-weight yarns and for the embellishments try DK-weight yarns.
Ellen is a part-time kindergarten teacher and crochet designer with a love of travel, colour and creativity. Find her onlineat www.bypollevie.com.